JHARKHAND MINIMUM WAGES 2019


Minimum Wage – Jharkhand 2019 

The State Government of Jharkhand on October 24, 2019 has revised the minimum rates of wages for 77 Scheduled employment.
The categories of employees for minimum rates of wages are as under:

Categories of employees
Daily Minimum Rates of Wages
Monthly Minimum Rates of Wages
Unskilled
274.81
7145.06
Semi-Skilled
287.90
7485.40
Skilled
379.51
9867.26
Highly Skilled
438.39
11398.14
Clerical
379.52
9867.26

Rates notified of Minimum wages will be effective with service weightage at the following rates considering the service period completed under an employer or employment establishment:
 (a)    Below 05 years – Nil
 (b)    Above 05 years upto 10 years – 10%
 (c)     Above 10 years upto 15 years – 15%
 (d)    Above 15 years upto 20 years – 20%
 (e)    Abobe 20 years – 30%
The Government of Jharkhand vide Notification NO-2M.W-20-02/2015 L&E-1880 has released the Minimum Wages Basic rates effective from 24th October 2019. There is a clarification awaited from the Government towards revision of the variable dearness allowance as per the new Basic rates effective 24th October 2019

Download the Latest Notification for Jharkhand Minimum Wages 2019 w.e.f 24 Oct ,2019



Minimum Wage – Jharkhand
  • Valid From October 2019
  • Minimum wage with effect from October 01, 2019 till Mar 31, 2020.
  • The amounts are in Indian Rupee (₹).

MINIMUM WAGE IN JHARKHAND
Jharkhand Minimum Wages Rates w.e.f 01/10/2019
Monthly WagesVDATotal
Unskilled54601229.596689.59
Semiskilled 57201288.147008.14
Skilled        75401698.009238.00
Highly skilled87101961.4910671.49

Working Hours
  • Days per week specified: 6.0
  • Hours per week specified: 48

Download the Latest Notification for Jharkhand Minimum Wages 2019 w.e.f oct 2019


Definitions

Definition of Unskilled, Semi-skilled, Skilled & Highly Skilled Workers.

(i) Unskilled Workers:
An unskilled employee is one who does operations that involve the performance of simple duties, which require the experience of little of no independent judgment or previous experience although familiarity with the occupational environment is necessary. His work may thus require in addition to physical exertion familiarity with variety of articles or goods.


Here the profiles for Unskilled Workers:

Bajrl Spreader, Balder, Beater Women, Bell-Woman, Chain Man, Boat Man, Bucket Man,  Carrier (Stone), Carrier (Water), Cart Man, Caretaker (Bridge), Cleaner (Crane, Truck, Cinder for ash pit),  Chowkidar, Concrete (Hand Mixer), Daffodil, Driver (Bullock, Camel, Donkey, Mule), Flag Man, Flagman (Blast Train),  Gate  Man,  Gagmen,  Gating  man  (Permanent  Way),  Handle  Man,  Jumper  Man,  Kamin  (Female  Work), Khalasi, Bridge, Electrical, Marine, Moplah,  Store,  Steam  Road,  Share,  Roller  Survey,  Laborer  (Garden), Mazdoor, Hole  Cutter,  Lorry  Trainees,  Patrolman,  Peon,  Searcher,  Signal  Man,  Strikers,  Striker  (Moplah  gang), Sweeper, Tall Boy, Tile Turner, Trolley man, Vaks Controller, Valve man, Watchman, White Washer, Wooder man, Wooder Women, Coal man, Condenser, Attendant, Grass Cutter, Muchhers jamadars, , Condenser Attendant, Shunters, and any other categories by whatever name called, which involves simple operations requiring little or no skill or experience on the job and are of an unskilled nature.



(ii) Semi-skilled Workers:
A semiskilled worker is one who does work generally of defined routine nature wherein the major requirement is not so much of the judgment, skill and but for proper discharge of duties assigned to him or relatively narrow job and where important decisions made by others. His work is thus limited to the performance of routine operations of limited scope.


Here the profiles for Semi-skilled Workers:

Belchawala, Bhisti, Bhisiti (with Mushk), Boatman (Head), Breaker, Breaker, Stone, Rock Stone, Mental, Canweaver, Chain-man (Head) Security Guard (Without arms), Cracker, Dafit, Dollyman, Assistant, Driller, Driver (Skin), Excavator, Ferroman, Fireman, Fireman (Brick Kiln, Steam Road Roller), Gate Keeper, Gharami Thatcher, Classman, Grater, Greaser-Fireman, Grinder Hummerman, Helper (Assistant), Helper (Sawyer), Jamadar, Keymna, Khalasi (Head Survery, Rivertters-Moplah Gang, Supervisory), Labourer (Rock-Cutting), Lascar, Mali (Head), Mate, Mate (Blacksmith,Road, Carpenter), Engine Driver and/or Feeder, Fitter, Gang, Khalasi, Mazdoor Mason, Permanent Way, Pump-Driver Turner), Mazdoor (Heavy-weight), Poster Boy, Pointer, Chargeman, Mistri (Head, Muccadam, Night-guard, Runner (Post dak), Oilman, quarryman, quarry operator, Stoneman, Stocker, Thatcher, Stockers and Boilerman, Thoombaman (Spade worker), Tindals, Trollyman (Head motor), Fitter (Assitant Semi Skilled), Jamadar, (Semi Skilled), Teaman, Tea maker, Jogira, Service man, Table Boy, Bearer, Waiter, Assistant Service Man, Mate (Stone), Pump Attendant, Bearer, Breakman, Crowlder Man, Cook Dandee, Frash, Kacksawman, Helper (Locco-Crane/Truck), Kadab, Khalasi (Structural), Laboratory Boy, Manjhee (Boatman), Masalchi P.M. Mates, Pointsman Sencummy, Topas, topkar (Big Stone Breaker), Trolly Jamadar, Winchman, Attendance-Keeper, Assistant Wireman and any other Categories by whatever name  called  which involve some degree of skill or competence acquired through experience of the Job and which is capable of being performed under the supervision or guidance of skilled employee and are Semi Skilled nature.


(iii) Skilled Workers:
A skilled employee is one who is capable of working efficiently of exercising considerable independent judgement and of discharging his duties with responsibility. He must possess a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the trade, craft or industry in which he is employed.


Here the profiles for Skilled Workers:

Assistant Mistry, Armature Winder Grade-II and III, Bhandari, Blacksmith, Blacksmith (Section Grade-II, III, class-II and III), Boiler man, Boiler man, Grade-II, III Boiler Foreman Grade-II, Work (Assistant) Brick layer, Brick layer (Selection Grade Class-II, Blaster, Carpenter, Carpenter (Selection Grade-II and III, Class-I and III Assistant, B.I.M. Road, Cabinet Maker Security Guards (With arms) Cane man, Caltex, Cutter Maker, Charge man Class-II and Class-III, Carpenter Ordinary), Checkder (Junior), Chick maker, Chick mixture Operator, Cobbler, Core maker, Driver, Driver Motor Vehicle, Motor Vehicle Selection Grade, Motor Lorry, Motor Lorry Grade-II, Lorry Grade-II, Diesel Engine, Diesel Engine Grade-II, Mechanical Road Roller I. C. and Cement Mixer etc, Road Roller, Road Roller Driver Grade-II, Driver(Engine Static, Stone Crusher, Tractor/Bull Dozer, Steam Rood Roller, Water pump, Mechanical Assistant, Road Roller, Mechanical Steam Crane, Tractor with Bull Dozer Mechanical, Transport Engine Static and Road Roller Boiler Attendant, Enjoin Operator (Stone Crusher Mechanical) Distemper, Electrician, Electrician (Grade-II, Class-II and Class-III), Fitter, Fitter(Selection Grade, Grade-II and III) Class-II and III Assistant, Pipe Class-II, Booking Clerk, Typist, Assistant Air Conditiong Operator, Pipe Line ending Bars for reinforcement cum-mechanic, Mechanic and Plumber), Gharami (Head), Glazier, Hole Driller for Blasting Joiner, Joiner (Cable, Cable Grade-II), Lineman (Grade-II, III, High Tension/Low Tension), Mason, Mason (Selection Grade, Grade-II, III and Class-B Mistry), Stone (Stone Class-II Brick Work, Stone Work), Brick-layer, Tile Flooring, B.I.M. Muccadam (Head), Stone Cutting, Babar chi, Karigar, Hallway, Maharaj, Assistant Maharaj, Rasoiya, Assistant Rasoiya, Head Bearer, Bread Karigar, Ice-Cream Mistry, Dosa Mastar, Ordinary Machanis, Mechanic, Mechanic (Class II, Air Conditioning, Air Conditioning Grade II Diesel Grade II Road Roller Grade II, Assistant Radio), Manson (Gharami), Mistry, Mistry Grade II, Air Conditioning Grade II, P. Way, Survey, Santras Works), Mason Class A, Moulder, Moulder (Brick, Tile), Painter Painter (Selection Grade, Grade II and III, Class II, Assistant Lotter and Polisher, Polisher, Rough), Plasterer, Plasterer, (Mason Grade II), Plumber, Plumber (Selection Grade Class II), (Selection Grade Class II, Assistant Senior, Junior Mistry Grade II), Plumbing Mistry, Plumber-Cum-Fitter, Polisher, Polisher (Floor),Pump Driver, Pump Driver, (Selection Grade), Grade II and III, Class II), Pump Driver (Selection Grade, P.E., Driver, Pumpman, Pumpman (Assistant), Plumber, Polisher(with Spray) Grade II, Ratan Man, Rivet Cutter (Assistant) Rivetter, Rivetter (Cutter), Road Inspector Grade II, Railway Plate Layer, Rod Bender, Sawyer, Sawyer (Selection Grade Class II), Serang, Serangpile Driving Pantooms with Boiler, Shapesman, Shift-inchareg, Sprayman, Sprayman (Roads), Stone Cutter, Srone Cutter (Selection Grade, Grade II, Class II), Stone Chisler, Stone Chisler (Class II), Stone Blasterer, Sub-Overseer (Unqualified), Surveyors, Surveyors (Assistant), Tailor, Tailor (Upholstry), Transprayer, Tar Man, Line Man, Tiler Class II, Wall(Floor, Roof), Tiler(Selection Grade), Tin Smith, Tin Smith (Selection Grade, Grade II and III, Class II) Tinker, Tailors, Turner, Upholsterer, Upholsterer (Grade II and III), Painter Spray (Class II), Wood Cutter Class II, Work Sircar, Welder, Welder gas, Welder (Class II, Bridge Work), Well Sinker, White Washer, White Washer (Selection Grade Class, II) Wierman, Wireman (Grade II and III, Mechanic, Electrical), White Washing and Colour Washing Man, Operator Pneumatic Tools, Operator (Fitter), Boreman, Borer, Chipper, Chipper-Cum-Grinder, Cook(Head), Driller, Driller (Well Boring), Driver (Loco/Truck), Electrician (Assistant), Mechanic(Tube-Well), Mistry Stell, Tube-Well, Telephone), Meter Reader, Meterorogical Observer, Navghani, Operator (Batching Plant, Cinema Project, Clamp shelf, Compressor, Grane, Dorrick, Diesel Engine, Doser, Dragling Drill Dumber, Excavator, Fork Lift Generator, Grader, Jack Hammer and Payment Breaker Loader, Pump, Pile Driving Scrapper, Screening Plant, Shval, Tractor, Vibrator, Weight Batcher, Railway Guards, Repairer (Battery), Sharper/Slotter, Sprayer (Ashalt) Station Master, Surveyor (Sllt), Trades-Man, Train Examiner, Turner/Miller, Tyre Vulcaniser and any other categories by whatever name called, which involove skill or competence acquired through experience on the job or through training as an apprentice in a technical or vocational institute and performance of which call for initiative or judgement and are of a skilled nature.

(iv) Highly Skilled Workers:
A highly skilled worker is one who is capable of working efficiently and supervises efficiently the work of skilled employees.


Here the profiles for Skilled Workers:

Armature Winder Grade I, Blacksmith Grade I and Class I, Boilerman Grade I, Boilerman Foreman Grade I, Brick Layer Class I, Cable Joiner Grade I, Carpenter Grade I and Class I, Celo Cutter and Decorator, Chargemen Class I Checker (Sr) Driver Lorry Grade I, Grade I, Motor Lorry Grade I, Motor Vehicle Class I and Diesel Engine Grade I, Road Roller Grade I, Pump Class Electrician Grade I and Class I/Grade I, Fitter (Grade I, Class I), Pipe Class I (Head), Foreman (Assistant) Line Man Grade I Mason (Skilled Grade I, Class I), Mast Rig, Mechanic Class I and Class II, Mechanic (Diesel Grade I and Road Roller Grade I, Air Conditioning Grade I/Class I, Mistry Grade I, Mistry (Air Conditioning Grade I), Overseer (Senior and Junior), Painter (Grade I, Class I, Spray), Plaster (Mason) Class I, Plumber (Head, Class I), Mistry Grade I, Polisher (With spray Grade I, Road Inspector Grade I, Sawyer Class I, Stone Cutter Class I, Stone Cutter Grade I, Stone Chester Class I, Stone Mason Class I, Sub-Overseer (Qualified), Tiller Class I, Tinsmith Grade I and Class I, Upholsterer Grade I, Varnisher Class I, Welder-Cum-Fitter and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Welder (Gas) Class I, White Washer ClassI, Wireman Grade I),Class I, Wood Cutter Class I, Grinder (Tool) Grade I, Operator (Batching  Plant Grade I), Clamp Shell Grade I Air Conditioning Operator, Painter, Compressor Grade I, Crane Grade I, Diesel Engine Grade I, Dozer Grade I, Dragline Grade I, Drill Grade I, Dumper Grade I, Excavator Grade I, Fork Lift Grade I, Generator Grade I, Grader Grade I, Leader Grade I, Pile Driving Grade I, Pump Grade, Scrapper Grade I, Screening Plant Grade I,  Pump Grade I,  Scrapper Grade I,  screening Plant Grade I,   Shovel Grade I,   Shovel and Dragline, Tractor Grade I,   Vibrator Grade I,   Rigger Grade I,   Rigger Grade II, Head Babarchi, Head Khansama, Head Maharaj, Head Karigar, Chirper/ Sletter Grade I, Shovel and Dragline  Tractor Grade I, Tradesman Class I, Tumer/Miller Grade I, Tyre Vulcaniser Grade I, Work (Assistant) Grade I and any other categories by whatever name called, which calls for a degree of perfection and full competence in performance of certain tasks, acquired through extensive technical or professional training or practical work experience for long years and also required of a worker to assume full responsibility for the judgment or decision is involved in the execution and are of a highly skilled nature.



There is one more Definition for Clerical worker which are count under this

Clerical Workers :-

M.C. Clerk, Munshi (matriculate, Non Matriculate), Store Clerk (Matriculate, Non Matriculate), Store Issuer, Store Keeper, Store Keeper Grade I, Grade II (Matriculate), Tally Clerk, Time Keeper, Time Keeper(Matriculate, Non Matriculate), Book Keeper, Work Munshi, Work Munshi (Subordinate), Accounts Clerk, Clerks, Computer, Telephone Operator, Typist, and any other categories by whatever name called, which are of clerical nature.



Minimum Wage – Jharkhand
  • Valid From April 2019
  • Minimum wage with effect from Apr 01, 2019 till Mar 31, 2020.
  • The amounts are in Indian Rupee (₹).


MINIMUM WAGE IN JHARKHAND
Jharkhand Minimum Wages Rates w.e.f 01/04/2019
Monthly WagesVDATotal
Unskilled54601035.766495.76
Semiskilled 57201085.086805.08
Skilled        75401430.338970.33
Highly skilled87101652.2810362.28

Working Hours
  • Days per week specified: 6.0
  • Hours per week specified: 48


Definitions

Definition of Unskilled, Semi-skilled, Skilled & Highly Skilled Workers.

(i) Unskilled:
An unskilled employee is one who does operations that involve the performance of simple duties, which require the experience of little of no independent judgment or previous experience although familiarity with the occupational environment is necessary. His work may thus require in addition to physical exertion familiarity with variety of articles or goods.

(ii) Semi-skilled:
A semiskilled worker is one who does work generally of defined routine nature wherein the major requirement is not so much of the judgment, skill and but for proper discharge of duties assigned to him or relatively narrow job and where important decisions made by others. His work is thus limited to the performance of routine operations of limited scope.

(iii) Skilled:
A skilled employee is one who is capable of working efficiently of exercising considerable independent judgement and of discharging his duties with responsibility. He must possess a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the trade, craft or industry in which he is employed.

(iv) Highly Skilled:
A highly skilled worker is one who is capable of working efficiently and supervises efficiently the work of skilled employees.


Popular Posts